A Day Full of Love! What's not to love?
Happy two weeks into February! The day has finally arrived! You get to either buy or accept overpriced red roses and chalky chocolate candies in a heart shaped box. And don't forget the card! All in the name of love.
Whether you adore this holiday and all its stupid cupid cuteness or loathe it, it's here and there's no escaping it. So you may as well learn a bit more about it, eh?
We did our research and found the following fun facts surrounding Valentine's Day:
- It's a holiday that honors St. Valentine, but who the saint is exactly remains a mystery!
- The Catholic church recognizes at least 3 different saints named Valentine or Valentinus...all of whom were martyrs
- Some people think the holiday is a spin-off of an ancient pagan festival devoted to fertility
- During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed in France and England that February 14 was the beginning of birds’ mating season...perhaps that's why it's associated with romance
- The oldest known valentine still in existence today was a poem written in 1415 by Charles, Duke of Orleans, to his wife while he was imprisoned in the Tower of London following his capture at the Battle of Agincourt.
- Valentine’s Day is also celebrated in Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France and Australia
So, really, no one knows what Valentine's Day is all about or where it came from or why. But one thing we here at Pixa know is HOW TO CELEBRATE!
We are going big this year with a chocolate fondue party. Yep! It doesn't matter if you're single, married, dating someone new or in a relationship with your Netflix account, today we all get to celebrate love... the love for chocolate!
We hope that you, too, get to celebrate someone or something you love today!